Monday, August 10, 2009

Origin of Famous Linux Distibutions

Here I am trying to collect the Origin of famous Linux Distributions.
Linux is Now World Wide, Most of the Countries are Trying to make their Own Distribution. In India BOSS Linux is trying to attach 18 regional language support.

Debian --> World(No official Owner)
Ubuntu -->
Isle of Man( UK) (Canonical ltd.)
Mandriva --> France (Mandrake Soft.) + Brazil(Conectiva Linux)
Fedora --> USA (RedHat Corp.)

OpenSUSE --> Germany (SUSE) + US (Novell)
FreeBSD --> USA
PCLinuxOS --> USA

Gentoo Linux --> USA
CentOS -->
Global
Slackware --> USA
MEPIS --> USA
Puppy Linux --> Australia
Linux Mint --> Ireland
Pardus Linux --> Turkey
Sabayon Linux --> Italy

Turbo Linux --> Japan
Miracle Linux - Japan
YOPER Linux -- New Zeland
Knoppix --> Germany
Red Flag Linux -- China
BOSS LINUX --> India



3 comments:

Shmerl said...

When did FreeBSD become a Linux distribution?-) And if you want to list all open source UNIXes, it worth to mention OpenSolaris too :)

Free Software Download said...

distribution from indonesia is blankon linux http://www.blankonlinux.or.id/

Wild River Guitar said...

I Started using Linux in April since then,I have used Ubuntu,Xubuntu and Now linkux Mint which,I am Happy with as a Newbie and that it's from my Country. But after learning that Opensuse is German it does not Suprise me that they ask for a password on a live CD as I lived there and know them.

Anyway I hope to learn a little more from your blog about Linux.